19 June, 2010

Fledgling Fotos

Fledgling Fotos...

Just a few more photos of the local freshly fledgled Blue tits...

The feeding station, currently being refilled every two or three days- the greedy bastards.


Note the yellowish tinge to the plumage and undefined blue cap- all of which distinguishes this little guy from his old man and woman...



And changing the topic slightly, a Woodpigeon posed in front of the camera...


And I couldn't resist putting up this shot of an absolute stunner of a moth that I netted a couple of nights ago... it's called an Old Lady and is one of the moths that I've always wanted to see...


The end of the GCSEs are coming ever closer and apart from partying all summer, I'm also hoping to take a few trips further afield in search of some particular butterflies and birds. Last year I almost achieved a personal goal of seeing all the Skipper butterflies in the UK, with the exception of Chequered and Silver-spotted.

This year I'm hoping for such beauties as Purple Emperor, White Admiral and any Fritillary species (a family which totally eluded me last year! Heres hoping for good weather throughout the summer- watch this space!

No comments: