18 November, 2016

Tortrix at the end of the tunnel

It's been a pretty dire year, there's no getting around it. In the aftermath of last Wednesday's happenings, I found myself desperately searching amongst the doom and gloom for positive memories to take into 2017. It took me a while, but I eventually remembered one. This has been my best year for finding moths in the family Tortricidae with 73 species racked up since April. Impressed? Didn't think so.

Pammene splendidulana - Richmond Park, 11th May

Dichrorampha sequana - Worcester, 22nd May

Epinotia subsequana/pygmaeana - Worcester, 3rd June

Celypha woodiana - Pershore, 7th June

Epinotia fraternana - Worcester, 3rd June

Lobesia reliquana - Worcester, 9th June

Commophila aeanana - Stokes Field, 10th June

Orthotaenia undulana - Wyre Forest, 13th June

Epinotia nanana - Garden, 3rd July


Apotomis lineana - Bury St. Edmunds, 27th July

Cydia amplana - 27th August

No comments: